We believe it is important that all our students should be of a smart appearance and appropriately dressed for school. Our uniform policy is intended to be simple and economical for parents and is designed to give a clear image for the school.
If any new items of uniform, including PE Kit are required from September 2016, they will be available from the School Uniform Suppliers at either www.bigfishschoolwear.co.uk, (where you can log on to create an account by inserting the username ‘Bramcote’ and an initial password of TBS123) or Morley’s, 116-118 Bramcote Avenue, Beeston Nottingham, NG9 4DR.
Students and parents should observe the following:
• Students are expected to wear a Federation blazer.
• School tie.
• Plain white shirt or blouse which buttons up to the collar (can be long or short sleeved) (any vest/T shirt or bra worn under the shirt must be plain white with no logos).
• Plain, black standard school trousers or skirt. (No jeans, cargo styles with pockets or trousers which are tight fitting, skirts should be knee length and appropriate for school. Pencil/tube skirts with elastane are not acceptable). Tracksuit bottoms should not be worn under school trousers).
• Black school jumper/cardigan with school logo are optional and maybe worn underneath blazers
• Low heeled, all black, sensible footwear with no logos or markings (trainers, trainer shoes, plimsolls, pumps and canvas footwear of any kind are not allowed). Open toe or backless footwear should not be worn on the grounds of health and safety and all shoe laces should be tied correctly.
• One small plain ear-stud or small sleeper in each ear lobe and a wristwatch. No other jewellery or face/body piercings are allowed. **
• Appropriate black, waterproof coat.
• Hoodies, tracksuit type tops and other non-school tops are not allowed in school.
• No caps or hats of any kind can be worn on the school premises.
• Plain black belts can be worn but no fashion belts.
• No make-up and clear nail varnish only may be worn. False nails are not acceptable.
• Extreme hairstyles are not permitted (this includes shaven or partially shaven heads or eyebrows, tram lines or other markings, unnatural hair colours).
• Mobile phones/smart ‘Apple’ type watches or similar electronic devices should not be seen or heard on the school premises, without specific permission from a member of staff. **
• The ‘Tattooing of Minors Act 1969’ states that it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to have a tattoo. We would therefore request parental support in ensuring that students do not have any tattoos, either visible or not.
**Failure to comply will lead to confiscation in line with school policy. On the first occasion of an item being confiscated, it will be returned to the student at the end of the school day. Should the item be confiscated for a second time it will not be returned to the student, a letter will be sent home requesting the parent/carer comes into school to collect the item from a senior member of staff. Should an item be confiscated for a third time it will only be returned to the student at the end of the school half term.
White Hills Park Federation PE Kit 2016 (No jewellery at all to be worn in any PE lessons.)
Year 7 Boys & Girls compulsory Items:
• WHP short sleeve training t-shirt
• WHP ¼ zip micro-fleece
• WHP shorts and football socks or WHP tracksuit bottoms or WHP leggings
• Personal sports trainers
Years 8 -11 compulsory Items:
• WHP plain navy polo shirt
• Plain navy or black tracksuit bottoms or shorts
• Outdoor option – WHP red hoodie or WHP rugby shirt
• Personal sports trainers
For all year groups: recommended Items:
• Football boots, gum shield, shin pads
Please note that valuables, expensive items and large sums of money should not be brought to school. If you lose something, please enquire at the school office as to whether it has been handed into lost property.